How To Deter The Spiders In Tampa
April 2, 2022
While spiders can be beneficial in the yard by helping to control the insect population, they can also be quite scary and creepy for many people. Some species of spiders have powerful venom and can lead to medical complications and even death. If you have spiders on your Tampa property, don't attempt to get rid of them yourself. Instead, contact a Tampa pest control firm near you.
What Kind Of Spiders Might I Encounter In Tampa?
Tampa is home to both tiny and humongous spiders. The American house spider is one of the most common spiders in Tampa. It's small, only growing to be about a quarter-inch in length. They're also harmless to humans and don't build webs.
Other spiders you might encounter in Tampa include:
- Brown Recluse Spider: These spiders are about the size of a quarter, including their legs, and are light brown or tan. They have a dark brown violin-shaped mark on their backs. Brown recluse spiders are venomous and can cause serious medical complications if they bite you.
- Black widow: The black widow is one of the most well-known and feared spiders in North America. These spiders are about an inch long, with a shiny black body and red hourglass shape on their abdomens. Black widows are highly venomous.
- Wolf spider: Wolf spiders are large, hairy spiders that can grow up to two inches long. They're brown or gray and have eight eyes. Wolf spiders are not venomous, but their bites can be painful.
If you're unsure what type of spider in Tampa you're dealing with, it's best to contact a Tampa pest control firm for assistance. They'll identify the spider and remove all spiders from your property.
Are Most House Spiders Dangerous?
No, most house spiders are not dangerous. The American house spider is one of the most common spiders in Tampa, and it's also harmless to humans. However, some species of spiders can cause serious medical complications if they bite you. These include the brown recluse spider and black widow spider.
Understanding why spiders might be entering your home is the first step to preventing spiders from coming in. These pests may invade your home due to:
- A lack of food outside
- Poor weather conditions
- Easy access through cracks or gaps in exterior walls
- Other pests inside your home
Don't let your fear of spiders keep you from enjoying your home. If you're experiencing a spider problem, contact a Tampa residential pest control contractor for assistance.
Five Ways To Deter Spiders In Tampa
There are several things you can do to get rid of spiders in Tampa naturally. Here are five ways to deter spiders in Tampa:
- Fix any cracks or holes in your home's exterior.
- Remove any webs that you see inside and outside of your home.
- Seal any food in containers to avoid attracting the insects that spiders hunt.
- Keep your home clean and clutter-free.
- Use a natural spider repellent, such as essential oils.
If you're still having trouble with spiders, contact pest control for assistance. They'll pinpoint the source of the problem and come up with a plan to get rid of the spiders in your house.
Total Spider Control For Your Home Or Business
The best way to get rid of spiders from your Tampa business or home for good is to contact a professional pest exterminator. For total spider control, trust EcoTech Pest Control Services to get the job done.
We use cutting-edge technology combined with eco-friendly solutions to eliminate spiders and other pests from your Tampa home or business. We also offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all of our services.
If you're experiencing a spider problem, contact us today for a free consultation. We'll work with you to develop a plan that's right for your needs and budget.
We'll ensure your home or business is spider-free in no time.