Don't Let Rodents In Tampa Take Up Residence Inside Your Walls
August 20, 2022
There's nothing quite like the sound of rodents scurrying around in your walls at night. If you've ever had that unfortunate experience, then you know just how frustrating it can be. Not to mention, it can also be a health hazard. Florida rodents can carry all sorts of diseases, and if they take up residence inside your Tampa home, they can quickly become a nuisance. EcoTech Pest Control Services will cover everything you need to know about rodents and how to get rid of them for good with Tampa pest control.
Rodent Exclusion Techniques
One of the most effective ways to keep all types of small rodents out of your Tampa home is by sealing up your home to prevent them from entering in the first place. Here are some ways to do that:
- Inspect your home for any cracks or holes, no matter how small, and seal them up with caulk, steel wool, or another durable material.
- Check doors and windows to make sure they close tightly and fit snugly in their frames. If not, make the necessary adjustments.
- Install door sweeps on all exterior doors to help to keep rodents from getting in through the cracks.
- Repair any damaged screens on doors and windows. Rodents can easily gnaw through them and make their way inside.
- Seal cracks and holes on the exterior of your home, including gaps around doors and windows.
- Install weatherstripping around doors and windows. This will help to create a tight seal.
- Keep trees and shrubs trimmed away from your home to give rodents fewer places to hide.
- Keep storage areas clean and free of clutter where rodents can hide.
If you already have a rodent problem in your Tampa home, the first step is to call a professional pest control company like EcoTech Pest Control Services. We will inspect your home and identify all the possible entry points rodents are using to get inside.
How To Bait Rodents Out Of Your Walls
Once you've identified all the possible entry points, the next step is to bait them out of your walls. To get rid of rodents, try baiting them by placing food in these areas:
- Along baseboards
- In cabinets
- Under appliances
- Near garbage cans
The idea is to lure the rodents out of their hiding places so they can be caught. Once the rodents in your walls have been baited out, you can then use traps to get rid of them.
Deterring Rodents From A Particular Area In Your Home
There are a few things you can do to repel rodents away from a certain area of concern:
- Use visual deterrents: These include things like motion-activated lights, which will startle rodents and make them think there's a predator around.
- Use scent deterrents: Try mothballs or ammonia, which will repel rodents with their strong smell.
- Use physical barriers: Seal off areas with things like chicken wire or hardware cloth, which will create a physical barrier that rodents can't get through. Keep in mind that mice can fit through holes as small as a dime, though.
If you've tried these methods and are still seeing signs of rodents in your home, it may be time to call a professional rodent control service.
Humane Rodent Infestation Treatments In Tampa
If you have a rodent infestation, humane pest control may be of concern to you. Contact a professional pest control company like EcoTech Pest Control Services. We will humanely remove all kinds of rodents from your Tampa home and prevent them from coming back.
If you have any questions about rodents in Tampa or how to get rid of them, please contact us at EcoTech Pest Control Services. We are the experts in Tampa pest control and we're here to help with all of your home pest control and commercial pest control needs.