If you've lived in Tampa for any amount of time, there's a good chance you've seen or at least know about the roach problem in this city. Unfortunately, these pests thrive in our humid climate and can be difficult to get rid of once they've taken up residence in your home.
Roaches are not only gross, but they can also be carriers of disease. They spread harmful bacteria and can trigger asthma and allergy attacks in sensitive people. In other words, it's important to get rid of them as soon as possible if you want to maintain a healthy home.
If you've been struggling to get rid of cockroaches on your own, don't worry; we're here to help. EcoTech Pest Control Services will discuss what attracts these pests, as well as how to kill cockroaches in your home. We'll also cover some things that don't work when it comes to getting rid of these pests. We'll also discuss why professional cockroach pest control in Tampa is the best way to eliminate these pests for good.
What Attracts Roaches To Your Home
You may be wondering how to keep Tampa cockroaches away in the first place. A good way to prevent these pests is by learning what's attracting them and eliminating those factors. There are a number of things that can attract cockroaches to your home:
- Food: Roaches are attracted to food, so it's important to keep your kitchen clean. Wipe your counters, clean floors, and wash dishes regularly. Don't leave food out overnight, and be sure to seal up any open containers of food. If you have pets, be sure to clean up their food as well.
- Water: Cockroaches need water to survive, so they're often attracted to homes with leaky pipes or faucets. Be sure to fix any leaks you may have, and keep an eye out for standing water around your home. Empty out pet water bowls and ensure that your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Clutter: Roaches love hiding in clutter, so it's important to keep your home clean and tidy. Don't leave clothes or towels on the floor, and be sure to vacuum and dust regularly.
By removing these attractants, you can help prevent a cockroach infestation in your home. However, if you already have a roach problem, the best course of action is to call a professional pest control company. At EcoTech Pest Control Services, we're experts at dealing with these pests, and we know how to get rid of cockroaches for good.
Ten Ways To Kill Cockroaches In Your Home
Oh no; you've spotted a cockroach crawling across your floor! Now what? Here are ten ways to kill cockroaches in your Tampa home:
- Step on it. This is the easiest way to kill a cockroach, but it's not always practical. If you can step on the roach without crushing anything else, go for it.
- Smack it with a newspaper. This is another satisfying method, and it can be somewhat effective. Just make sure you aim carefully so you don't end up making a mess.
- Flush it down the toilet. If you can get a roach into the toilet, flush it away. This is an easy way to get rid of them without having to touch them.
- Vacuum it up. This is one of the most effective ways to kill a roach. Just make sure you empty the vacuum bag afterward so they don't escape.
- Use roach traps. These are devices that lure roaches in with food and then trap them. You can find them at most hardware stores.
- Use boric acid. Boric acid is a common roach killer. You can buy it online or at most hardware stores. Just be careful not to use too much, as it can be toxic to humans and pets.
- Use a roach spray. These are typically made with pyrethrin, which is a natural insecticide. You can find them at most hardware stores or online.
- Make your own roach killer by mixing equal parts sugar and baking soda. This will kill the roaches that eat it, but won't be harmful to humans or pets.
- Place roach gel bait around your home. This is a poison that the roaches will eat and then die.
- Use diatomaceous earth. This is a natural substance that is made from fossilized remains of algae. It works by puncturing the roaches' exoskeletons and causing them to dehydrate and die.
After you've killed the roach, don't make the mistake of thinking the problem is solved. Your next move should be to contact a professional pest control company in Tampa to help you get rid of the roach problem for good. Even one roach can be a sign of a much larger infestation, so it's best to get help from the experts.
EcoTech Pest Control Services is a leading provider of pest control in Tampa. We specialize in all types of pest control, including cockroach extermination. We use only the latest and most effective methods to rid your home of roaches, and we guarantee our work. Contact us today to schedule a free inspection. We'll be happy to answer any of your questions and help you get rid of your roach problem for good.
What Doesn't Work When Trying To Get Rid Of Roaches
There are a lot of old wives' tales out there about how to get rid of roaches, but not all of them work. Here are some common methods that people try, but that don't actually work:
- Bay leaves: People often place bay leaves around their home in an attempt to keep roaches away. However, this is not very effective.
- Spraying roaches with bug spray: This might kill a few roaches, but it's not going to get rid of the source of the problem. The roaches will just keep coming back.
- Leaving out food for the roaches: Some people think that if they leave out food for the roaches, they'll eventually just go away. But this is actually a bad idea, because it will just attract more roaches to your home.
- Sugar and borax: This is a common home remedy for roaches, but it doesn't actually work. The sugar will attract more roaches and other pests, and the borax can be harmful to humans and pets.
- Cockroach bombs: These are devices that release a toxic gas into the air in an attempt to kill all the roaches in your home. But they're not very effective, and they can be dangerous to humans and pets.
- Cucumbers: This is another home remedy that doesn't work. Cucumbers might repel roaches, but they won't actually kill them.
- Peppermint oil: This is a popular home remedy for roaches, but there's little evidence to support it. Roaches can actually tolerate high concentrations of peppermint oil, so it's not going to kill them.
The only surefire way to get rid of a roach problem is to contact a professional cockroach exterminator in Tampa. At EcoTech Pest Control Services, we're known for our experienced and knowledgeable staff, our commitment to customer satisfaction, and our guaranteed results. Call us today, and we'll be happy to answer any of your questions about our cockroach control services.
Professional Cockroach Control Can Be A Huge Help
If you notice any signs of a cockroach infestation in your Tampa home, the best thing you can do is contact a professional pest control company. Trying to get rid of a roach problem on your own can be difficult, time-consuming, and dangerous. Store-bought cockroach control products are often ineffective, and home solutions don't measure up. That's why it's always best to leave a cockroach problem to the professionals.
At EcoTech Pest Control Services, we're experts in safe and eco-friendly cockroach extermination. By using Integrated Pest Management techniques, we can target the root of your problem and eliminate roaches at every stage of their life cycle. We use only the latest and most effective eco-friendly methods to rid your home of roaches, and we guarantee our work 100%. If the cockroaches come back, we will too at no cost to you.
We value your satisfaction and safety above all else, and we don't over-schedule our technicians, so we ensure that they can give you the individualized attention you deserve. Our goal is to make sure your cockroach problem is solved as quickly and effectively as possible.
Plus, we're locally owned and operated, so we're familiar with the Tampa area and the unique challenges it presents when it comes to cockroach control. If you're seeing cockroaches or any of their signs in your Tampa home, call EcoTech Pest Control Services today. We'll be happy to answer any of your questions and schedule a free inspection.