Ways To Keep Bed Bugs From Living Inside Your Tampa Home
June 8, 2022
Bed bugs are back, and they're causing big problems for people worldwide, including right here in Tampa Bay. They're blood-feeding insects that can be very difficult to eradicate.
So, what can you do if you suspect that you have bed bugs? The best course of action is to contact pest control in Tampa as soon as possible. Professional pest control to kill bed bugs is the best way to ensure your home remains pest-free.
Why Are Bed Bugs Drawn To Homes In Tampa
A majority of bed bug control specialists agree that there are several reasons why these pests are attracted to homes in Tampa. One reason is that the area generally has a warmer climate, which allows bed bugs to thrive and reproduce quickly.
Another reason may be that people in Tampa tend to travel more than those living in other parts of the country, which gives bed bugs more opportunities to hitchhike into homes on luggage, clothing, or other personal belongings.
But it's not just Tampa homes that are at risk for bed bug infestations. These pests also invade hotels, apartment buildings, movie theaters, office buildings, and even public transportation. Just about anywhere people congregate is a potential target for bed bugs.
However, this isn't to say these parasitic insects are only present in Tampa. They live in practically every state in the country. In fact, according to a study by the National Pest Management Association, bed bug infestations have increased by 500% since 2000.
Signs You Could Be Dealing With A Bed Bug Infestation
If you're having an issue identifying an infestation, consult the bed bug control companies near you for assistance. That said, there are some general signs that you could be dealing with bed bugs.
- Itchy, red welts on your skin: If you have itchy, red welts on your skin, you may have bed bug bites. These welts are usually found in a line or cluster and can be very uncomfortable.
- Bed bug: If you see an insect that looks like a small, brownish-red apple seed, it could be a bed bug. Bed bugs are typically between less than 1/4 inch long and have flat bodies.
- Rusty or reddish stains on your sheets: If you notice rusty or reddish stains on your bedding, it's likely due to bed bugs.
- Dark spots on your mattress: These dark spots could be bed bug feces and can be a sign of a severe infestation.
If you notice any of these signs in your home, it's important to get professional bed bug control services in Tampa as soon as possible to get rid of the problem before it gets worse.
Five Tips To Keep Bed Bugs Out Of Your Home
While it's crucial to get bed bug pest control in Tampa if you have bed bugs, there are proactive measures you can take to keep these pests out of your home in the first place.
- Keep your home clean and clutter-free
- Vacuum regularly
- Inspect your luggage and clothing when you return from traveling
- Use a mattress cover
- Don't bring used furniture or mattresses into your home
It's essential to be vigilant about bed bugs, but by following these tips and contacting bed bug pest control near you, you can rest assured knowing your home is free of these pests.
Professional Bed Bug Control For Bed Bug Prevention Month
This June, National Bed Bug Prevention Month, be proactive about bed bugs and take steps to protect your home. Contact Tampa's EcoTech Pest Control Services for help preventing an infestation in your home.
We offer a full line of green pest control solutions that are safe for your family and pets but tough on bed bugs. Our team of experienced professionals will work to eradicate any bed bug problem you may have discreetly and professionally.
Don't wait until it's too late - call EcoTech Pest Control Services today for a free consultation!