The Key To Effective Spider Control In Tampa
February 28, 2023
If you discover that you have an infestation of spiders in your Tampa home, you may want to get rid of them immediately. To do that, you need to call a professional Tampa pest control company like EcoTech Pest Control Services. Our handy guide will tell you what kind of spiders you might find in your home, what seeing spiders means, how to prevent having spiders in your home, and the best way to get rid of them once you've got them.
The Types Of Spiders You May Find In Tampa
There are four common household spiders you may find in your Tampa home: black widow spiders, brown recluse spiders, wolf spiders, and house spiders.
Here's how to identify them:
- Black widow spiders are shiny and black with a red hourglass on their bellies. Females are about 1 ½ inches wide, about the same size as a safety pin, with their legs extended. Males are smaller, only about one inch across. Their bite is painful and can be lethal.
- Brown recluse spiders are brown and about one inch long, or the size of a quarter, with their legs extended. They have a violin-shaped marking on their back, giving them the nicknames "fiddleback" or "violin" spiders. Their bite is painful and can result in dangerous skin ulcerations.
- Wolf spiders are brown, black, or gray, often with stripes on their back. They're larger, with a three-inch spread of their thick legs. They don't spin webs, instead running down their prey. When sorely provoked, they will bite, but these bites are not medically significant.
- House spiders are the spiders most commonly encountered indoors. They're brown and about the size of a nickel with extended legs. They are a nuisance species and do not pose a danger to people or property.
Now that you know about the spiders you're likely to have in your home, you need to know how to get rid of spiders. The simplest answer is: work with EcoTech Pest Control Services to eliminate the spiders in your Tampa home.
What It Means If You're Seeing Spiders In Your Home
Having spiders in your home often means that you have an insect problem. If spiders have moved in, that means their prey is already there. You may not even see the insect infestation or have any idea that it's there. You just notice the spiders.
If you're seeing a lot of them, the best way to get rid of spiders in Tampa is to eliminate their food source by working with EcoTech Pest Control Service's Green Pro Specialists. We're highly trained to find bugs and get them out of your house for good.
Six Simple Tips To Prevent Spiders In Your Home
The different house spiders in the Tampa area are varied, but they're after the same thing: food and shelter. However, you can prevent them from invading your home:
- Get rid of clutter in your house, garage, and outbuildings. Spiders often hide in disorganized and infrequently used spaces.
- Maintain your yard. Don't let grass or plants get overgrown. Overgrown vegetation gives spiders more places to hide near your home – and if they're near your home, it's a short step to being inside your home.
- Keep tight-fitting lids on your garbage cans, recycling bins, and compost heaps. Insects are attracted to garbage and compost, and where insects go, spiders follow.
- Inspect the exterior of your home for cracks, crevices, nooks, and crannies. Repair any you see as soon as possible to deny spiders and their prey entrance to your home.
- Use air conditioning and dehumidifiers to keep your home from becoming damp. Spiders and other pests are drawn to dark, damp spaces.
- Vacuum and dust your house regularly. Remove any spider webs you come across and kill any spiders you come across to discourage them from settling in your home.
Using these tips to deter spiders in Tampa can help prevent an infestation, but if you are struggling with an existing spider population EcoTech can help.
The Safest Way To Get Rid Of Spiders Around Your Home
When populations grow, you need to know how to get rid of spiders in your home safely and efficiently. The answer is simple: Call EcoTech Pest Control Services to enlist our help in ridding your house of both spiders and their food source. Contact us today to schedule your free inspection and to learn more about our residential and commercial pest control services in Tampa.