The Dangers Cockroaches Bring To Tampa, FL Homes
March 31, 2021
In the midst of handling their many responsibilities, Tampa, FL homeowners may put pest remediation as last on their list of tasks. However, they might want to shift some things around to make it a higher priority. Whether you see creepy crawlers or not, consistent management is necessary. Lots of insects and creatures can effortlessly enter dwellings and go undetected. If they happen to be a species that procreates at a fast pace, you could be facing a massive problem. It will be even worse if they are tough to eliminate, like cockroaches.
This may be distressing to read, but there are several different classes of cockroaches. While some are more ruinous than others, all can be a threat to your well-being. With a little studying, you’ll learn about local groups and what they’re capable of. Also, you’ll discover how to prevent them with EcoTech Pest Control Services.
What Cockroaches Are Common in Tampa? What Are the Dangers?
American and German cockroaches are dominant home invaders and rampant in the area. The reddish-brown American insects are 3 inches long. Adult German bugs are brown or tan and 0.51 to 0.62 of an inch long. They’re very active runners, and typically avoid using their wings. The young are black and wingless. Both sets have horizontal black bands across the back of their heads. Given that cockroaches usually get busy at night, spotting them during the day indicates an infestation. Other definite signs are:
- Odors: Cockroaches communicate in part with secretions and chemicals. These substances are musty and can alter the scent and taste of affected food.
- Droppings: The feces of American bugs are ridged and have rounded ends. German ones leave grainy particles that look like pepper. Inspect floor corners, door frames, surfaces, and drawers.
- Eggs: Eggs can be brown, black, red, or tan. In terms of size, they might be as long as 1 inch.
As stated previously, cockroaches are a health hazard. A plethora of germs are on their skin, and in their urine, feces, and saliva. Before them penetrating your abode, they’ve spent plenty of time in streets, dumpsters, sewers, gutters, and other filthy surroundings. They have spines on their legs that attach to liquids, dirt, objects, and additional microbes. This matter will end up on your surfaces and in your food. Consequently, you may contract an illness or have medical issues. Cockroaches are associated with salmonella, gastroenteritis, pathogens, and viruses. Their shed skin and carcasses alone can trigger asthma attacks and allergic reactions. Moreover, the American subgroup destroys paper and fabrics.
Is There a Way to Prevent Cockroaches?
Do the following to discourage cockroach populations:
- Seal openings in utilities, windows, doors, and foundations
- Have broken fixtures, leaks, and other moisture malfunctions repaired right away
- Make sure window screens and door sweeps are in good condition
- Mow the lawn and trim greenery on a routine basis
- Sit plants and flowers two feet or more away from the property
- Put food and trash in secure containers with airtight lids. Cockroaches can survive on small amounts of food.
- Take out the garbage on a routine basis
- Vacuum, thoroughly clean the kitchen, and wash dishes often
How Will EcoTech Pest Control Services Handle Cockroaches?
Commercial insecticides for cockroaches generally fail because they are weak in potency. Conversely, some are incredibly noxious. Further, it’s easy to misunderstand the complicated directions. This can create lethal outcomes. It’s safer and more cost-effective to contact us at EcoTech Pest Control Services. We are GreenPro Certified, meaning we use environmentally friendly treatments that are equally robust. Cockroaches will not prevail. Get a no-obligation inspection when you call us today at EcoTech Pest Control Services!