Indoor Ants Can Wreak Havoc In Your Tampa Residence
June 22, 2022
Ants are one of the most common pests in America, and they can cause a lot of damage if they're left untreated. According to statistics, more than 70% of homeowners have experienced problems with ants, making them one of the leading pests in American homes.
Currently, there are more than 1,000 species of ants. Fortunately, only a few types cause major problems for homeowners in the United States. Once ants have moved in, it's often challenging to deal with the infestation.
Therefore, it's best to take the necessary steps to prevent ants from invading your home in the first place. Contact a Tampa pest control firm for assistance in getting rid of these pests and keeping them out for good.
Gross! What Kind Of Ant Is This?
As earlier stated, there are over 1,000 species of ants. This can make the identification of a species difficult. Here in Tampa, we have our fair share of these pesky creatures. But, don't worry, we're here to help you identify which type of ant is invading your home.
The most common type of ants found in Tampa residences include:
- Carpenter ants: These ants are about 1/2 inches long and red, brown, or black. They can be identified by their large size and wide heads.
- Fire ants: These ants are tiny and reddish-brown. You can identify them by their aggressive behavior and painful stings.
- Pavement ants: As the name suggests, these ants commonly live around pavement. They're black or brown in color and range from 1/4 to 1/3 inches long.
- Odorous house ants: Also referred to as the stink ant, these ants are black or brown in color and also range from 1/4 to 1/3 inches long. You can identify them by the foul smell they emit when crushed.
- Argentine ants: These ants are tiny, light brown, and have a slim waist. They around 1/10 inches long.
If you're not sure what type of ant is invading your home, don't worry. Contact ant pest control near you, and they'll help you identify the pest and take the necessary steps to eradicate them.
The Problems Indoor Ants Can Cause In Your Home
Once ants have invaded your home, they can cause various problems. Some of the most common issues caused by indoor ants include:
- Food contamination. Ants often travel from dirty areas to food or kitchen areas, which can cause contamination. This can lead to health problems such as food poisoning.
- Structural damage. Carpenter ants damage wood. If left untreated, they can cause extensive damage to your home's structure.
- Health Concerns. Fire ants are aggressive and can swarm and sting repeatedly, leading to personal injury.
- A nuisance. All types of ants can be a nuisance. They often invade homes in large numbers, which can be very frustrating and difficult to control.
If you're experiencing any of these problems, contact ant control in Tampa. Don't cut corners and try to deal with the infestation yourself. This could further aggravate the problem and make it more difficult to treat.
The Best Ant Killer Options For DIY Pest Control
If you're looking for the best indoor/outdoor ant control ant killer, there are a few options to consider. Some of the most practical DIY pest control methods include:
- Boric acid
- Diatomaceous earth
For safe and effective ant control, ensure you properly read and understand the label before using these products. Some of them can be dangerous if misused. If you're not sure how to use them, contact a professional pest control service for assistance.
Let The Professionals Handle Ant Infestations For You
Dealing with an ant infestation can be challenging. If you're not sure how to get rid of the ants or prevent them from returning, contact EcoTech Pest Control Services. We offer proactive ant control solutions that'll help you get rid of ants and keep them from coming back.
Contact us today for a free consultation.