How To Keep The Tampa Fleas At Bay
April 30, 2023
Fleas are a common household pest in the Tampa area. Fleas have many ways to get into your home, and once there can be difficult to eliminate. Fleas need blood to reproduce, and if they are inside your home they will subject you, your family, and your pets to painful, repetitive bites as they seek blood. Fleas have fast reproduction rates. They shed eggs everywhere, which can survive for up to 10 days. The average flea can lay up to 2,000 eggs in its lifetime, and as such it only takes a few fleas to cause a big problem.
Flea bites can cause you endless grief. If you are struggling with fleas in your home, call EcoTech Pest Control. We can help you with any pest control in Tampa.
How To Tell If You Have A Flea Infestation In Your Home
Here are some of the ways to tell if fleas have come to visit you:
- Excessive scratching or biting. If your pets are scratching or biting excessively, they may be trying to deal with fleas.
- Sores. If your pets are showing signs of bites on their skin, it can very likely be fleas that are causing them.
- Seeing dark specks on your pet’s fur. These are flea droppings.
- Bites. Getting bitten by fleas themselves is an obvious sign.
- Seeing fleas hopping around inside your home is another obvious sign.
If you are struggling with a flea infestation, get in touch with EcoTech Pest Control Services as soon as possible. We have a long history of successfully treating fleas, and we can help you with yours.
What Are The Health Problems A Flea Infestation Can Create?
Fleas are very consistent, determined pests. Once an infestation establishes, you can struggle to eliminate it, and fleas will continue to be relentless in their pursuit of blood. Fleas can cause painful bites, making it nearly impossible to enjoy your home. Fleas can cause sores on your pets as well as fur loss. They can trigger allergic reactions in susceptible individuals. Fleas are also associated with plague and typhus and have been known to pass tapeworms.
The best way to get rid of fleas is to secure professional help. DIY pest control methods often fail, and the problem just grows worse. EcoTech Pest Control Services takes pride in our history of successfully eliminating pests. Get in touch with us today to eliminate pests, including fleas.
The Best Way To Completely Get Rid Of A Flea Infestation
Flea infestations can be challenging. They leave their eggs everywhere, and infestations can reoccur easily. DIY pest control methods often prove ineffective in eliminating fleas, and you can find yourself growing ever more frustrated as they continue reappearing, and continue biting you. The best solution for fleas is to call EcoTech Pest Control Services. Our highly trained professionals know how to get rid of fleas in your house.
Call EcoTech Pest Control Services for all pest control problems.
Simple Ways To Prevent Future Flea Problems
Given that fleas are a persistent problem and can introduce your family to health hazards, here are some easy ways to decrease your chances of encountering fleas in your home:
- Check your pet often. Flea problems can be treated better when small.
- Use flea products. Keeping fleas off your pets in the first place is best.
- Avoid pest areas. Keep your pets from areas where wild animals are known to frequent.
- Vacuum often. Vacuuming often can help clean up flea eggs, decreasing outbreaks.
These are some ways to decrease your chances of encountering severe flea infestations in your home. If you need help with fleas, call us. EcoTech Pest Control Services is the best way to get rid of fleas in your house. Call us today.