Are Ticks In Tampa Causing You Trouble?
May 22, 2022
Do you have a lot of bites that won't go away? You may have ticks! Ticks are tiny critters that feed on the blood of mammals, and they can carry a variety of diseases. If you think you may have ticks on your property, it's important to contact pest control in Tampa right away. They'll safely remove any ticks from your property and help prevent them from coming back.
How Do Ticks Spread Diseases?
If you've ever experienced tick bites, you know how painful they can be. But did you know that ticks can also transmit diseases? They spread diseases by feeding on the blood of infected animals and transferring those diseases to other animals or people when they bite.
Some of the most common tick-borne diseases include:
- Lyme disease: Lyme disease is a severe infection that can cause various symptoms, including fever, headache, and muscle aches.
- Rocky Mountain spotted fever: This disease is potentially fatal and can cause fever, headache, and muscle aches, as well as a rash on the body.
- Ehrlichiosis: This disease can cause fever, headache, and muscle aches, as well as confusion and difficulty breathing.
- Ehrlichiosis: This life-altering disease can cause fever, confusion, and difficulty breathing.
- Tularemia: Tularemia is a serious disease that can cause fever, headache, and muscle aches. It can also lead to pneumonia and death if left untreated.
As you've noticed by now, ticks in Tampa aren't just a nuisance; they can also be dangerous. If you think you may have ticks on your property, get tick extermination service in Tampa right away. Act now, as the longer you wait, the greater the risk of developing a tick-borne disease.
Common Ticks In The Tampa Area
There are a few different types of ticks that are prevalent in the Tampa area.
The most common ones include:
- Deer tick
- Lone star tick
- American dog tick
- Brown dog tick
If you're experiencing a lot of bites that won't go away, it's essential to get them checked out by a doctor. You should also contact pest control in Tampa right away if you think you may have ticks on your property. Don't take chances with your health; get tick control in Tampa today.
The Six Best Ways To Get Rid Of & Prevent Ticks
There are some ways to get rid of ticks and prevent them from returning.
Here are six of the best:
- Remove any leaves, brush, or other debris where ticks may be hiding.
- Mow your lawn regularly and keep it trimmed short.
- Place deer fencing around your property to keep deer out - they're one of the leading carriers of ticks.
- Use tick repellent when you're outside.
- Check your body and clothing for ticks after being outside.
- Keep your pets treated for ticks year-round.
As much as these natural tick prevention methods can help, the best way to get rid of ticks is to speak to a pest control professional. They have the tools, experience, and expertise to quickly and safely remove any ticks from your property and prevent them from coming back.
Keep Ticks Out Of Your Yard Forever!
There's no worse feeling than having a tick resurgence in your yard after you thought you had gotten rid of them for good. But with the help of a pest control contractor, you can keep your yard tick-free.
Are you tired of dealing with ticks? Contact Tampa's - EcoTech Pest Control Services. We have over 20 years of experience getting rid of ticks and keeping them from coming back.
We offer various home pest control and commercial pest control services to meet your needs, including tick extermination, tick prevention, and tick removal. We also provide free inspections, so contact us today to schedule yours.