How To Tell If You Have Termites Devouring Your Tampa Home
December 30, 2022
If you live in Tampa, then you know that termites are a fact of life. These pests are everywhere and can easily make their way into your home if you're not careful. One of the best ways to protect yourself from these creatures is an inspection from professional pest control in Tampa to find out whether or not they're already living under the floorboards or in your walls.
Alarming Signs You May Have Termites
You may have termites devouring your Tampa home if you notice any of the following:
- Swarmers: The presence of termite swarmers around your property can indicate a possible infestation. They're about 1/4 of an inch long and are translucent. Swarmers appear after sunset, especially during weeks when there is little rain.
- Mud tubes: These smooth tubes are clear evidence of termites. They are made by workers that carry mud through their bodies and expel it onto wooden structures so that they can travel back and forth to a food source from their underground colony without drying out. These mud tubes can damage homes over time because water seeps into these ragged holes and causes rotting wood underneath.
- Buckling floorboards: Termites will eat away at wood until it begins to buckle and crack, making it extremely dangerous because the boards can fall through as you walk across them. Have a professional look at your home if this type of damage occurs because it could be worse than you think!
- Shed translucent wings. Finding these is another sign that your home has a termite infestation. The wings of the termites will shed when they molt, and if you find these on your floor or near any furniture, it could mean that the colony is growing too large for its space. If this happens, it's time to call in the pros!
Easy-To-Spot Signs Of Termites In The Walls Of Your Home
Termites in Tampa often invade the walls of a home. But what do you look for to know if you have termites?
Here are some visible signs:
- Windows or doors that are hard to open or close
- Bubbling paint around windows and doorframes
- Small round holes in the walls
- Thin lines on the drywall
- Mud tubes on the baseboards
- Termite frass or droppings on the windowsills or floorboards
If you see any of these signs of termites inside your house, you should call EcoTech Pest Control Services and schedule a free inspection and get started on our Tampa termite control services.
Simple Steps You Can Take To Protect Your Home From Termites
Termite season is all year round in Tampa. To protect your Tampa home from termites, here are some simple steps you can take:
- Remove stumps and old lumber from your property.
- Seal cracks in your foundation with concrete or stone sealant.
- Keep soil away from your foundation.
- Repair all leaks on your property and make sure water doesn't pool under your gutters.
- Keep all landscaping, mulch, shrubs, and grass away from the exterior of your home.
Termite Control Made Simple For Tampa Residents
A termite infestation in your home can cause a lot of expensive damage. If you suspect termites have taken up residence in your home, don't wait for them to devour your house; call in the termite specialists for your Tampa property.
EcoTech Pest Control Services offers a free inspection and treatment plan tailored to your situation. We're here when you need us—day or night—to eliminate termite infestations from Tampa homes once and for all! Reach out today to get started and to learn more about our residential and commercial pest control services in Tampa.